Revd Gareth Leyshon - Pastoral Resources
A Selection of Shrines
Many shrines have official websites - where these exist, the links below take you to the official sites rather than those of third-party supporters.
- Where Jesus encouraged St Margaret Mary Alacoque to practice devotion to His most Sacred Heart.
Divine Mercy Sanctuary in Krakow, Poland
- Where Our Lord appeared to St Faustina, asking her to make his mercy known to all humankind.
- Founded when Our Lady spoke in a dream in the year 1061, this shrine became THE European centre of pilgrimage in honour of the Virgin Mary, until its destruction under King Henry VIII.
Cardigan - Our Lady of the Taper
- The Welsh National Shrine to the Blessed Virgin Mary.
- The Cardiff Archdiocesan Shrine to the Blessed Virgin Mary.
Rue du Bac - Shrine of the Medal of the Immaculate Conception.
- Where Our Lady revealed the 'Miraculous Medal' to St Catherine Labouré.
- Where the Virgin Mary, through St Bernadette, invited all who were sick to come in pilgrimage.
Pellevoisin and Microsite by drgareth
- Here, the Mother of God invited all to wear a scapular of the Sacred Heart in devotion to her Son.
- The Mother of God here asked for the rosary to be prayed daily, and for special devotions on the First Saturday of each month.
Clydach - St Vincent de Paul
- The only shrine to St Vincent in Wales.
Pantasaph - St Pio of Pietrelcina
- The only shrine to St Pio in Wales.
Holywell - St Winefride
- An ancient site where pilgrims came to bathe in its healing waters.
Friends of St David Lewis
- This website promotes the annual pilgrimage to the place where St David Lewis was matrtyed in Monmouthshire.
St John Kemble microsite
- This website promotes the annual pilgrimage in honour of martyr St John Kemble.
All texts hosted on this website are © 2005-2015 Gareth Leyshon except where attribution is given explicitly to other sources.